Ella Bates Efficiency Educator is an approved service provider of the Canada – Ontario Job Grant.
The Canada – Ontario Job Grant (COJG) offers a range of skills training services to employers and individuals. The objective is to support workforce development and encourage greater employer involvement in training through cost sharing arrangements to train individuals. In this grant subsidized program, employers choose the individuals receiving training and the training that meets their workforce development needs. This program helps employers support their trainees (including existing employees and new hires) to develop skills they need to find and maintain employment.
Once we have decided the training that is most valuable to your business and employees, we will guide you through the COJG application process to support the training of current or new employees who are eligible for funding. Here are more details on the funding.
Canada-Ontario Job Grant (COJG) provides opportunities for employers, individually or in groups, to invest in their workforce, with help from the government.
The Canada-Ontario Job Grant provides direct financial support to individual employers or employer consortia who wish to purchase training for their employees. It is available to small, medium and large businesses with a plan to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees. Important to know:
- Employers can get up to $10,000 in government support per person for training costs.
- The training has to be delivered by an eligible, third-party trainer (Ella Bates is an Eligible Third-Party Trainer)
- Employers with 100 or more employees need to contribute 1/2 of the training costs. Small employers with less than 100 employees need to contribute 1/6 of training costs.
- For employer groups who want to apply for training supports the government offers a COJG Consortium Stream. The Consortium Stream allows a group of employers (more than 2 employers) to pool their resources to support common training objectives and goals. To apply as a consortium, the intermediary organization needs to ensure all the participating employers and trainees meet COJG requirements, and are able to make their required contribution towards the training cost.
- The intermediary organization will be paid 15% of the approved COJG ministry contribution to cover the administrative cost related to the completion of the consortium application.
- You employ 99 or fewer employees and will contribute a minimum of 1/6 of the total training costs in cash.
- You employ 100 or more employees and will contribute a minimum of 1/2 of the total training costs in cash.
- The Ministry covers travel costs of $500 maximum per trainee and the costs for textbooks, software and other required materials up to $500 per trainee.
- Consortia may complete both sections if representing both small and large employers in this training request.
- You are licensed to operate my business in Ontario;
- You are in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Employment Standards Act;
- You are in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial human rights legislation, regulations, and any other relevant standards;
- You are not a federal, provincial or municipal government or agency;
- You are not an Employment Service or a Canada-Ontario Job Grant service provider;
- You ar not in receipt of other government funds related to the same skills training for the same individual(s);
- You have adequate third-party liability insurance as advised by my insurance broker;
- You have Workplace Safety Insurance coverage;
- This training request does not displace existing staff or replace staff currently on lay-off;
- Your employees who will to be trained live in Ontario;
- Your training will occur in Ontario;
- The jobs are located in Ontario;
- You are not legally required to provide my employees with the training I am applying COJG funding for;
- No trainees are business owners or have a controlling interest in the employer submitting the application;
- You are not a district social services administration board established under the District Social Services Administration Boards Act, notwithstanding their exclusion under the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act;
For information on the Canada-Ontario Job Grant click here or call 1-800-387-5656.
To access this funding with us contact
Ella Bates CEO
905 914 0029